Sleep, exercise and sugar have been the most talked about topics this past week when it comes to health. Here are some interesting articles we have read recently.
- A new study shows that parents reflect their own sleep experience on their children.
- Did you know there is a difference between being "sedentary" and being "physically active?" Great explanation on NYTimes' "Ask Well" column can be found below.
- Thinking about losing weight with just exercise? The Atlantic explains that increased physical activity may actually slow down your metabolism, according to recent studies.
Exercise in Futility The Atlantic
- Instead of citing the health benefits of soda taxes, a Philadelphia mayor pitched soda taxes as a source of revenue. Could his method make soda taxes more appealing to politicians?
- The Guardian wrote a long, yet informative, article explaining how sugar was known to cause health problems since the 70's, but it wasn't always a widely accepted idea.
The sugar conspiracy The Guardian